Friday, August 18, 2017

Victims and Outlooks

There will be setbacks in life. Expectations shattered and goals unreached.  There will be bad days and low moments.  Our minds and bodies will succumb to old age in one form or another.  Life will serve us with situations where we'll want to crawl into a ball in bed and cry under the blankets and times when we'll yearn for the luxury of doing so. 
Low moments can either define us or strengthen us. Turn us into victims or victors. While life won't always give us the choice of what our circumstances will look like, we have the choice of how to look at our circumstances and how to react to them. To look at them as opportunities for growth or lousy situations and condemning conditions. 

I see tremendous suffering around me in people who are very special and dear to me. People who I believe have suffered enough.  Clearly I don't get to decide (and I'm sure that's a good thing).   Yet, these individuals keep on plowing through. They rise to the challenge and inspire me with their perspective and outlook. Their drive to be bigger, greater, and win at life leaves me humbled by the possibilities before me in my circumstances. 

When we allow low moments to define us we fall prey to the lie of what they would have us believe our life looks like as a whole. It will pass. Every tragedy will pass even if it leaves heartache or pain in its wake. There can be good days again. There will be. There have to be. 

I plan to win at life. Even while I might be loosing. 

Check out my last blog-post by clicking here.




No comments:

Post a Comment